Sunday, September 7, 2008

Scoop! Local online celebrity may be moving to Norwood.


Andre and Betsey may be moving to Norwood. Yes, I refer to them by only their first names. What would our Southern cities look like if people like Andre Natta, founder, editor and publisher of The Terminal website, among other web projects, was commonly referred to by folk who don't know them as simply "ANDRE"? I can hear the chant now: "AN-DRE! YES. WE. CAN....get people to realize that historic downtowns and neighborhoods are the bomb!" For you non-geeks out there who don't know who 'Dre is, he was profiled here in the Black and White Paper in July.

Anyway, flights of fancy aside and jibes at non-geeks aside, I'm excited to hear that Andre Natta may be moving to my neighborhood. The home he and Betsey have identified is not far from my street ("The Circle" among those in the know) and they're working on a deal with the current owners to acquire it for a residence. Yes, a residence, as in for themselves. Take that other Intown neighborhoods-all of which I love-just not as much as where I live.

Necessary disclaimer: it is possible that the purchase may not work out. I was just excited to hear of the strong possibility of the move. It would definitely be a positive for Intown. He and Betsey are a node in the network of people having a positive and progressive impact on Birmingham. Anyone interested in blogging and internet development should attend the upcoming WordCamp Conference he's organizing. I and other Andre and Betsey fans will be there.

No comments: