Thursday, September 18, 2008

He has an easel. He will travel. You will be impressed




Myron Pierre is a unique type of Birminghamian. You can tell this immediately by the red handkerchief he wears rolled and tied around his neck, artist style. It's a touch of class fashion move that quickly says to people like me "deep waters ahead". That's just me though. But even before seeing the handkerchief you would have probably noticed the stand up easel with the umbrella over it that he is sitting at working on a boulevard somewhere in Alabama. It's the first thing I noticed. He's a man on a mission it turns out: "The downtown areas of our cities should be recorded by hand. That's what I'm trying to do with my portraits." Like I said-'deep'.

You should wade in and take a look at his work. He's been doing hand drawings of buildings and homes for almost 20 years, mainly here in Alabama. I met him during Artwalk this year and I'm richer in experience for having done so. I plan on having him do a portrait of my home on 'The Circle' and talk to him about his gardening project over in West End. More on that later. His flyer says you can reach him at 205-223-2164.

No comments: